I'm usually a firm admirer of Aussie, Toni & Guy and Tigi Bedhead hair products but since I've been getting more and more into natural and organic products recently and I've been feeling like the hair products I've used previously have been creating too much build up and making my hair greasy quicker, I decided to give Naked a go.
Naked is a brand who claim to be 97% natural with the remaining 3% being made up of preservatives and they are free from nasties such as parabens, sodium laurel sulphate (SLS) and petrochemicals. They make haircare, body care and skincare products and are available in Boots, Superdrug and online. Oh and they even make products targeted at children too, toffee apple or banana and custard shampoo anyone!?
I picked up their Colour Protecting Shampoo and Conditioner which both smell particularly warm, spicy and to be quite honest a little Christmassy. The shampoo has a cinnamon and sunflower scent to it whereas the conditioner is sunflower and calendula. I thought these would be weird scents to have in your hair at first but I actually really love the smell. With all products that don't contain SLS they don't lather as much as typical shampoo's and you really need to make sure your hair is thoroughly soaking wet which helps the little lather it does have to emulsify better. I felt a difference straight away after washing the shampoo out, my hair didn't feel completely stripped and dry which was a pleasant surprise. Whilst squirting the conditioner out of the tube I thought it was a little thin in comparison to conditioners I'm used to and I know work on my slightly dry colour treated ends but again I was pleasantly surprised after washing it out.
I left my hair to dry naturally as I almost always do because it's better for your hair (a.k.a I'm lazy, shhhh!) and was excited to find that my hair felt super clean, shiny, soft and lightweight without any build up in sight. Hoorah! I began swishing my hair left and right feeling like Kate Middleton herself and was rather chuffed with my new found £3.99 a bottle eco warrior bargains and now after another wash with these liquid wonderfulness' I'm still walking around feeling like a little regal princess. Well, if you've got good hair you're always going to look good no matter what right?